This policy explains when and why we, The Really Green Gardener collect personal information about our students and how we use it; keep it secure and attendee rights in relation to it. We will collect, use and store personal data, as described in this Data Protection Policy when people sign up for one of our courses or workshops.
We reserve the right to amend this Data Protection Policy from time to time. We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (www.ico.gov.uk).
For the purposes of the GDPR, Esther De Groot will be the “controller” of all personal data we hold about our students. They are responsible for making sure the company complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which applies from 25 May 2018.
You have rights under the GDPR:
· To access your personal data
· To be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
· To have your personal data corrected
· To have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
· To object to or restrict how your personal data is processed in certain circumstances
For more details, please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to Esther De Groot.
Specific use and sharing of personal information
Your personal data will be used for the purposes of course attendee management and your email and telephone numbers will be used for communication about your course and for distributing general information. Where necessary, your personal data may be shared as follows:
· Where an organisation accredits a course – such as the Duke of Edinburgh’s award
· Where transaction data is required by our payment service provider.
· Where we have a legal obligation to do so.
Data processed as a requirement of managing course attendees
We collect the following type of information:
· Email address
· Phone number
· Any other relevant information
For the following reasons:
· To make sure classes are suitable and safe for you
· To communicate with you during online courses
· To process payments and bookings
· To keep a record of all course attendees
· To use your information for market research and updating of social media
· To send you any information that may be of interest to you
Students under 18 yrs
Parents or guardians signing the consent form are giving their permission for the data to be used as described elsewhere in this policy.
How we protect your personal data
The Data Controller will process attendee information electronically and hold all information on a database on a secure computer. Paper copes of data will be held at the data controller’s house in a secure cabinet.
Request to see your personal information
If you wish to know what personal data the club holds please email Esther De Groot (email@example.com) and she will respond within 14 days of the request (depending on availability).
Accuracy and retention of data
Each course attendee is responsible for keeping The Really Green Gardener informed of changes to their data throughout the duration of the course (e.g. telephone number etc.) and you are at that time authorising the The Really Green Gardener to hold such data on file. The data is kept on file for up to 7 years.